Last week was stressful, to say the least.
Milo had been sick, his eye had swollen, and he hadn't eaten or drunk any water in days.
We took him to the vets first thing in the morning.
The cause was obvious to the vet- a humble grass seed had got stuck on the roof of Milo's mouth, buried itself into the skin and had caused significant swelling which was affecting his left eye. The worrying comment of 'are you insured?' made us grateful that we'd taken out a policy as soon as we had him, but also worried at what was to come.
A short investigation under sedation would be the first port of call, but the vet suspected he may need an MRI and further surgery, running costs into the thousands.
We were all to relieved to receive a phone call from the surgery to say that during sedation, they were able to clearly see the offending seed, and after giving Milo some more anesthetic, were able to remove it in full.
Just a few hours later he was back to his bouncy self- with the help of all of his friends on Twitter wishing him a speedy recovery!
The vet said that he was seeing 3-4 dogs per day with grass seed injuries, Milo being the worst of them all. I'm now a lot more careful when taking him on walks and checking him over after playing in the garden- who knew something so small could be so damaging?!
|Milo enjoying the smells of the Suffolk countryside|